The water pavilion is located in Venice, inside the Palladian Cloister on the island of San Giorgio Maggiore, completed in the early 17th century. The old Benedictine monastery, built by the architect Andrea Palladio, houses since 1951 the Fondazione Giorgio Cini.
The courtyard is filled with a uniform surface of concrete from which emerges the upper part of the pavilion of the same material. Its monolith composition contrasts with the repetition of the arcades on the sides and the ornamental decoration of the Palladian facades. The immerged pavilion echoes the fluctuating water levels.